Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 November 2011

Soda and Eggs

Sunday 27th November 2011

Cycling
01:48:42 -28.63 Miles (15.8mph / HR 143bpm Z2 79% of Max HR / Cadence 83rpm)

It was pretty windy this morning when I headed out the road for my ride. The first 15 miles or so seemed to be pretty much straight in to the wind, and the tight country roads just seemed to funnel it straight in to me.

At 1Hr in I was pleased to see that I had covered just about 15 miles, so I was pretty chuffed with the average speed given the windy conditions.

It was a gorgeous morning once again and I have been thinking how lucky I have been for my Sunday rides so far - long may the good conditions continue.

The remaining 13 miles went rally well and my average speed picked up  a bit and I had a few fantastic miles along the Moira Road tucked in to the aero position and it was so noticeable how comfortable the  ISM saddle is and it allows me to get well forward on the saddle and get more power down and stay aero for longer.  I am going to buy one.

We all then went out for Brunch to The Other Place on the Lisburn Road.  Toasted Soda and poached eggs - FANTASTIC!! http://www.theotherplacebelfast.com/



Then a walk along the tow path with the Pup.  A great Sunday had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment