Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 November 2011

TWTWTW IMFF Week 5 (100th Blog Post)

Monday 21st November 2011

That Was The Week That Was

Week 5 completed
Hours Trained: 6H 59Mins
Swimming: 3.2K (2 Miles)
Cycling: 51.35 Miles
Running: 14.79 Miles

Week 5 and a much better week than last week in terms of being injury free and quality of the sessions done for the week.


The foot injury went away and I only had a very minor twinge in it at the start of the week.

No new injuries to report this week thankfully.

I am really pleased that I got all my sessions in this week as it was a bit disjointed with being in London for work and then Donegal over the weekend.  But a bit of jiggery pokery, a will to get it done and a very patient wife and family made it possible.

This was my week with greatest time spent so far and it actually felt OK.  Next week takes another bit of a step up – mostly in the swimming, which has been 2 sessions of 1600M each which is pretty straightforward, but now I am going up to approx 2500m per session.  This is further than I have ever swum before – so it will be new ground and also a challenge in getting the time organised to do it.

I seem to have found a bit of working solution to the Heart Rate monitor problem which was destroying me mentally.  I now soak it in hot water before putting it on to go out.  Hot water because I am a wimp and cold water would be a bit too shocking when I out it on. Oh Oh Oh Cold!

The good news about the runs this week in particular was that HR was under control and pace was up – I hope this trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment