Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 January 2014

Hills and kick. A record for success.

Wednesday 15th January 2014

Cycling (00:53:19 / 11.87 Miles / 13.40 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 75)

Hill Repeats – Pond Park Road - 412 M Elevation Gain

Finally got my Mojo back in shape and I ‘Hit them thar hills!’

It wasn’t easy, but then again I’m no Mountain Goat so it is always going to be a bit of a challenge, especially as I was coming off a tight Turbo session and Brick run the night before.

To my surprise the four sets of climbs actually went relatively well.

Each split for the climb was 8.42 / 8.37 / 8.47 / 9.07.

The last one was a bit slower due to some heavy rain and running water on the Road and traffic – so I’m pretty sure I would have ordinarily brought It in about the same time as the previous repeat.

I tried to have a focus in the approach to the hills this time and it was to stay relaxed in the shoulders, hands loose on the bars and relax and spin easily on the tighter sections.

For the most part it worked pretty well.

It was a decent effort and I know that this will be key to my future strength and climbing ability.

Swimming (2200M / 00:57:51)
Endurance Session

Back to the pool with the Club for the endurance session.

The Set tonight was:

400M Warm Up

10 X 50m Kick

5 X 100 Steady

4 X 200 – taken at average of 100s pace (plus a little bit extra)

Almost to mock me Arran seemed to take joy in announcing the 500M kick set.

It was pretty tough going and once again I was pretty much the slowest kicker there – but I managed to plough my way through it.

The rest of the set wasn’t too bad and I was roughly in the right place in terms of even(ish) splits on the repeats.

No comments:

Post a Comment