Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Two Runs in the day. OK, so one was prety short!

Tuesday 14th January 2014

Running (00:42:46 / 5.64 Miles / 00:07:35 per mile / HRZ 3)
Tempo Run

Another lunchtime tempo run with Brendan and this time joined by Ian as well.  Just what I needed was another speedy guy to push me along!
The pace felt pretty lively right from the start and I managed to hang in with them although I sensed that they could easily have knocked the pace up a notch and left me at any time.
With about two miles to go, I felt like dropping off and slowing a touch but I reckoned that the purpose of a tempo run is to run when I'm feeling uncomfortable and pressed - and I certainly was feeling both of those.
With one mile to go, I told them both to run on ahead.  I wasn't slowing down but I knew that they wanted to press on.
I managed to hold my pace steady for the last mile and finished only about 45 seconds behind them.

Brick Session
Cycling (01:02:13 / 20.56 Miles / 19.80 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 92 rpm)
Turbo - Sufferfest Angels

Running (00:15:07 / 1.91 Miles / 00:07:54 per mile / HRZ 2)
Brick Run

The Turbo session was a really sweaty affair.  The room seemed to be roasting and I was sweating absolutely buckets.
It was a good session and I felt like I was pushing pretty hard.

The run straight off the bike with Mark was great.  I always feel like I run off the bike well and comparatively faster. Given that this was my first brick run since the season ended I wasn't sure how it would go.  Thankfully it went very well and I felt loose and pretty fast, despite having knocked out a fast tempo run earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment