Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 January 2014

Land of Giants, Game of Thrones and the Week 10 IM Training Round up.

Sunday 19th January 2014

Cycling (01:40: 57 / 27.04 Miles / 16.10 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 80 RPM)

Originally I had planned a ride of about 3 Hours which I hoped would get me towards the 50 miles mark.

Sadly this didn’t emerge as we had been away for the weekend in a lovely Cottage on the North Coast, up beside the Giants Causeway.  It really was lovely.
It was also nice to have a coffee down at  Ballintoy harbour, which people may recognise as the Harbour where Theon Greyjoy returns home in Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones pic.
 
My pic from the other end.

 
This meant getting back on Sunday a bit later and also missing my longer run (90 Mins) on Saturday.
I’m a bit disappointed to have missed the run, but I feel that my running is in a decent place at the moment and that missing one longer run at this stage is no big deal.

As time wasn’t totally on my side I decided to cut the ride a bit shorter and was joined by my Lunchtime running Buddy Brendan.  It was his first ride out for a while so we chose a relatively flat route with just a short climb at the end to stretch the legs on.
He was worried about being rusty but he needn’t have worried.  He rode well and I am sure in a few weeks will be dropping me!

I had tagged on some miles before I met up with him and on the whole I’m happy that we managed an average speed over 16 MPH and that slightly counters my disappointment at being out for about half the time I wanted.

I plan to make up for it this weekend.
 
Week 10 Summary

8 Hrs 41 Mins
Swim: 4550 M
Bike: 75.13 Miles
Run: 14.70 Miles

So much for having a full work of training exactly in line with my plan.
I suppose it is still a decent week and the quality of the sessions was mostly very good, but I am a bit disappointed that I missed a 90 minute run and my long bike ride was closer to two hours than the planned three hours.

I am pleased though that I got my hill session in on the bike and it was successful, I’m also pleased at the quality of the run sessions.

I know I’m saying it again but hopefully this week . . . . . . .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment