Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Three for one.

Monday 20th January 2014

Cycling (01:04:56 / 15.78 Miles / 14.60 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 74)
Commute to and from work

The usual Monday commute only this time without as much danger to life and limb through frosty conditions.  Sadly still plenty of risk to life and limb from completely incompetent and rude drivers.  No Change there then!

Swimming (2250 M / 00:57:34)
Technique session

Before I mention anything at all about this I will not say that we did a kick set!  Oliver was very clear that 300M of kick drills does not warrant being called a Kick set.  So anyway we didn’t do a kick set but instead did 300M of kick drills.

This was a bit of a ball buster session.  It was a good session as it worked on both increasing the endurance but also the intensity through some combinations of longer pull buoy drills and then short sharp full out sprint sets.

I was knackered at the end of it but felt good, especially as I managed to hold my own on the pull buoy and sprint drills.

Tired but satisfied is a good summation.

Tuesday 21st January 2014

Running ( 01:30:02 /10.71 Miles / 00:08:24 per mile / HRZ 2)

Looking ahead to Saturday and Sunday I want to rearrange my weekend slightly compared to my usual training routine, so I decided to get my long run out of the way early this morning instead of Saturday morning.

It meant hitting the road for 90 minutes early on but I didn’t mind too much.

The first five miles felt like hard work and I was hoping things would ease off, and thankfully they did get a bit easier, and by the time I got round to mile seven to being my little loop for home I was actually feeling quite sprightly.

Finishing off with an average pace of 8.24 per mile is pretty pleasing and not too far off my Half Marathon PB time from a couple of weeks ago.

Cycling (01:00:03 / 24.88 Miles / 24.90 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 94)

Turbo – Sufferfest – The Hunted.

Time to try out a new video.  The Hunted!  It sounds pretty ominous and it did indeed turn out to be a bit different to the others in so much as thee were longer periods of riding at medium to high intensity without a lot of short accelerations etc.  This would explain the higher average pace and greater distance than we normally cover.  It was pretty enjoyable despite the scary title.

Running (00:13:01 / 1.70 Miles / 00:07:38 per mile / HRZ 2)
Brick – Run

A short run off the bike at Turbo just to get the legs used to turning over immediately off the bike.
I was very pleased at how easy this felt.  I do feel that I run faster of the bike than just on a straight run and this came through again tonight.

The only thing is that I have a bit of a sore knee and I’m hoping that a swim will help ease it a bit
 
Wednesday 22nd January 2014
 
Swimming (00:51:55 / 1800M)
Endurance Session
 
Bit of a shorter session tonight.
I'm pleased with the 5X200M set that we did - my splits for each were 4.10 / 4.12 / 4.14 / 4.09 / 4.11.
That may not be the fastest but at least it was consistent.
 
My knee still hurts a bit so I'm not sure what to do in terms of biking and running tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment