Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 29 January 2014

No Knee(d) to panic. The scenery is wonderful.

Monday 27th January 2014

Swimming (2200M / 01:00:00)
Technique Session

I am one chuffed bunny.  Part of the session tonight was some effort driven sets at 100M.

To cut a long story short and get to the bragging point, on the last 100M of the night at the end of the whole session, I managed to knock out at 1.43 for 100M.

That is a pretty impressive improvement for me.  Back in October my flat out fresh 100M time trial time was 1.57.  So in the space of a few month I have knocked 14 secs. Off that time and it wasn’t even in full time trial mode.

Forgive me, but to go on about this just a little bit more, we also did 5 x 100M steady during the session.  I am delighted that my 100s came in on 2.00 / 1.59 / 1.58 / 1.58 / 1.58.  That is consistency.

Big Thanks to Oliver whose coaching is clearly paying off for me.

Tuesday 28th January 2014

Running ( 01:00:00 / 6.81 Miles /00:08:48 per mile / HRZ 2)

I ventured back out to test the knee on the run and I’m pleased with the way it held up.  I took things really easy and my average Heart Rate stayed below 80%.  This was more abut getting back to running again and seeing how the knee reacted.  It was positive on both counts and even post run I have had not adverse reaction.

Cycling ( 01:13:12 / 24.55 Miles / 20.10 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 93)

Turbo – Sufferfest – Hell Hath No Fury.

Once again I was in the territory of testing the knee out and seeing how it reacted to being back on the bike again.

I must admit that I could feel it throughout the entire session, not in a painful way but just so much that I knew it was still not 100% fixed but it didn’t really impair me in any way.  I probably didn’t commit 100% to this session as I was holding back a bit on some of the power sections of the video just in case I blew the knee up.

This was a slightly longer video than normal but the extra time was made up for by the fact that the whole video is based on Women’s Pro cycling races. The scenery was wonderful.

So, in terms of getting a couple of days training in across all three disciplines I’m pretty pleased that I have been able to get back at it again and I’m really hoping that the sore knee will fade away completely over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment