Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Wednesday 19th October 2011

Cycling

00:30:00 -7.69 Miles (15.4mph / HR 140bpm Z2 77% of Max HR / Cadence 84rpm) - Turbo Trainer


A half hour session on the Turbo in the garage this evening followed up with a short run to make a little Brick session.
Turbo trainers are great things but can be the work of the Devil as they cause you to sweat like you have never seen before.
It was made more bearable by hooking up the laptop to an old monitor and watching Episode 1 of Day 4 of 24.  I love 24 and really want to be Jack Bauer.  The weekly Turbo sessions will give me a chance to watch plenty!!
Keara sneakily took a picture of me - lucky it was my best angle - BEHIND!!




Running 
00:15:00 - 1.56 Miles (00:09:41) per mile / HR 146bpm Z2 81% Max)

A short run straight off the bike.

I was very happy with this as the Heart rate stayed well under control - unlike last night!

It may seem a bit daft just going for a 15 minute run - but the purpose is to get the legs used to running straight off the bike.  I have to say that I felt very comfortable tonight on this run.

No comments:

Post a Comment