Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 December 2011

Blowing to pieces? Not me I'm on the Bomb Disposal approach.

Monday 19th December 2011

That Was The Week That WasWeek 10 completed
Hours Trained: 3H 30Mins
Swimming: 0K (0 Miles)
Cycling: 29.86 Miles
Running: 8.00 Miles

Week 10 was a much lower volume week which was only to be expected as we were in EuroDisney for a few days.  I didn't do any swimming, so it will be great to get back in to the pool again tomorrow morning - albeit for 3000M in an 18M pool.  Aaarrrgh!
 
Next week looks like a busy one and it will be tough enough trying to squeeze in almost 9 hrs of training during Christmas week.  I can't believe this is week 10 of my training and I am more than 1/4 of the way through.  I do feel a bit fitter, certainly not any faster, but definitely able to do things within HR zone and this is the objective of Ironman training - to make sure you can get through the distance without blowing to pieces.
In that respect I think things are going pretty well overall and in some ways I am actually looking forward to the intensity of the workouts cranking up a bit to get that feeling of being really pushed.  (Can't quite believe I am saying something like that and I might regret it in the future!)
 
Here is the week ahead.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment