Powered By Blogger

Saturday 31 December 2011

Double Ducking in to New Year.

Saturday 31st December 2011

Running

01:32:10 - 10.00 Miles (09.13 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 82%)
The last bit of exercise this year and it was great.
We are spending New Year at the Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle (Co Down) and I got in a fantastic run from the Hotel up to Castlewellan and around the lake and back to the hotel.  I would highly recommend the hotel - the food is exquisite.  In fact so good that I Double Ducked  it last night with Duck for starter and main course.  Now how often do you do that??
http://www.burrendale.com/

I hadn't figured on the long gradual 3 mile rise in to Castlewellan and it was a bit slower than anticipated but the flat route round the lake evened things out again and I was then able to really nail it back down the road again at sub 8.30 pace while still in HR Zone.  That is quick for me!!

I can't quite believe that the year is over and I am looking forward to adding up all of my events and training for the year and I will be sure to post it.

Happy New Year to any readers out there, hope you all have a great 2012. (Even if you didn't qualify for the Olympics!)

1 comment:

  1. That road from Newcastle to Castlewellan is horrible climb, ridiculously deceptive!! First time I've stumbled across your blog, I'll make a point of checking in to see how you're getting on with your training. The very best of luck with the IM.

    ReplyDelete