Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Stinging rain and crashing waves.

Wednesday 28th December 2011

Brick Session

Cycling
00:45:00 -  18.86 Miles
(25.30 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 71% Max / Cadence 88) Turbo Trainer
A decent session to a cracking episode of 24.  I didn't spend as much time in the aero position as I would have liked to on this session but I just felt that my back was a wee bit stiff so I didn't risk it.

Running
00:15:00 - 1.75 Miles
(08.34 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 81% Max)
The pace on this part of the Brick started out pretty quick as I had the wind at my back (and the rain) however, things changed when I turned around at the half way point and had to come back up the hill in to the wind and rain.  It was awful.  the sort of stinging rain that hurts any exposed skin and blinds you.
Obviously enough the HR spiked on the way back and the pace slowed, but I am pleased with the overall run and the Brick as a whole.


To make things even worse, we then took the dog for a family walk along the shore at Helens Bay near Holywood and we all got totally drenched and frozen by the wind, rain and waves  crashing over the rocks.  We made a miserable sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment