Powered By Blogger

Saturday 26 January 2013

Feeling a little hoarse.. . . Ahem.

Saturday 26th January 2013

Running
(18.00 miles / 02:47:39 / 00:09:18 per mile)
First things first.  I managed to get my entry to the Tri an Mhi Half Iron distance race in May.  I am delighted to get this, and the good news is that I will be joined by Donald and two of my clubmates, Mark and Chris. Both of whom are doing their first Middle distance Tri and I have no doubt will completely kick my arse on the day.

Congratulations to tthe Tri an Mhi Club for selling out 300 places in less than 12 hours.  That's a great achievement.

I am feeling the need to step things up a bit now in the running department as I see the London Marathon looming large on the horizon.
The plan for the run this morning was to keep things nice and steady and do miles 3, 6, 9 and 12 at sub marathon pace.

It is odd but recently when I have been doing my longer runs I haven't had a feeling of being light on my feet and running easy at what is a steady pace.  This morning was not really any different, however I just need to get the miles in the bank and tough it out where it is required.

One of the things I am trying to do, and it is probably a throwback to my training last year is to be less reliant on gels and food on a long run. 
Don't get me wrong, I know that it is critical to get the right amount of food in order to fuel the engine, but I am seriously doubting the need to be tooled up with half a dozen gels and flapjacks falling out of my lycra shorts.
Today I managed with just one gel and about 1 litre of fluid and it felt fine.

About 4 miles in to the run I thought I was a little hoarse.


However I then realised I was just being an Ass.


This pair were in a field and just looked lovely so I took their picture.  I am trying to take a few photos as I run and try to capture some things that take my interest.


I have to be honest, miles 16-18 were hard going.  This is the furthest that I have run since Ironman last year and the legs were starting to get a bit tired.

On the whole, my pace was pretty good and for a long run to be completed at just about 20 secs per mile ahead of goal marathon pace is pretty pleasing.

I wonder how the legs will feel tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment