Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Oh I love my rollers.

Tuesday 29th January 2013

Running
(4.32 miles / 00:32:09 / 00:07:54 per mile)
Lunchtime run again from the Gym beside work.
Goal was 4 miles at threshold pace which should be around 8 mins per mile .

This felt like quite a tough run today. My legs felt a bit heavy and this is probably due to a wee bit of residual tiredness after the long run on Saturday.
I had to work hard the whole way round to hold on to the right pace.  Interestingly, I was listening to one of my regular podcasts, Marathon Talk, and they were talking about different paced runs and they described exactly how I was feeling as I did the threshold run they were mentioning.  It was uncomfortable and I had to both concentrate and work hard to maintain the pace and there is now way I could have had any sort of conversation while I was running.
Although, there was some fairly intense internal dialogue going on in my head.  Mostly around keep on going and stop being a big Jessie and push on.

Cycling (Spin Class 00:50:00)

So, the natural thing to do after a tough run today is to go and blow myself to pieces at Spin Class.
Sam really turned the screw tonight and did a lot of high intensity sets as part of the overall session. Building up from 80% of max effort through to 100% all out efforts.

Tough going but a lot of fun.  I hope that if anything this has loosened my legs a bit and I won't feel too sore tomorrow.

Recently I have been suffering from sore feet.  Something I have never had before and I thought that I should get something that might help me to loosen out the muscles on the soles of my feet.
I ordered this great looking contraption from ebay and it arrived today.
First impressions are that I like it and it might actually help.  However it does make an annoying squeak when the rollers spin.



Keara was not so keen on it as she hates anything touching the sole of her foot, so this was never going to be something she would like.
Looks like I have it all to myself then!

No comments:

Post a Comment