Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 January 2013

Runuary - Day 3 & "If the Shoe fits. . . "

Thursday 3rd January 2012

Running
(2.05 miles / 00:20:03 / 00:09:46 per mile)

A really easy run tonight as a bit of a rest for the legs, given that they have now had 4 days in a row of running and have not been used to it recently.

I was back with the Podiatrist today to pick up my new Orthotics.  All was not well unfortunately.

It turns out that my feet are a lot wider than expected for my shoes and the orthotics fit my foot but are too wide to be practical for my current running shoes.
This means that I am going to have to get a new pair of trainers that come in a wide fitting.

Now, this is not necessarily a bad thing as like all runners I love getting new running shoes, however the bad news is that the Asics Nimbus I have been wearing for the last 7 years or more are not going to be right for me now. (Obviously not the same pair for the last 7 years!)

I suppose now that I'm having to look beyond the Nimbus the world is my Oyster - what shall I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment