Powered By Blogger

Sunday 6 January 2013

Runuary - Day 6. Have I got weights in my shoes?

Sunday 6th January 2012

Running
(12.00 miles / 01:51:41 / 00:09:18 per mile)

Long run today - all part of the build up for London in 15 weeks.

I couldn't believe how heavy my legs felt.  This was literally from step one through to my last step. They just didn't ease up at all.  I think this is a consequence of this being my 7th straight day of running. (Runuary Day 6 but I also ran on 31st December too.)

That's a total of nearly 40 miles for the week and that is the most that I have done in a long time.  So tired legs shouldn't really be a surprise.

Despite the heavy legs I ploughed on through the run and was pretty satisfied with my average pace and the fact that I toughed it out.

I hope that Runuary pays off as I don't want to just make myself tired and heavy legged.  Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment