Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Should I be prepared to fail in order to get better?

Monday 14th January 2013

Swimming
(00:50:00 / Sets and Drills)

Back to the pool again and it was a bit tougher than last week but I still think that Oliver is nowhere near turning the screw on us yet - worryingly!
It did feel like a good session and a wee bit more fitness came back again.
The most interesting part was a kicking only tug-of-war against someone else.  This involved facing off against each other holding on to the same kick board and trying to kick hard enough to drive your opponent back again.

I did OK on the first sets with the fins on but basically got pushed down the pool by Mark on the second set.  He is a strong kicker and I am crap.

Tuesday 15th January 2013

Running
(2.36 miles / 00:24:31 / 00:10:24 per mile)

My weekly speed session today - 6 X 1/4 mile sets with 2 minute recovery aiming for each set to be done in sub 1M 45Secs.
I managed to knock the sets out in 1.39 / 1.38 / 1.40 / 1.31 / 1.43 / 1.31

This is a pretty good outcome, both in terms of the consistency of pacing but also for the fact that I found this relatively comfortable. ( as comfortable as an interval set can ever be.) Maybe I am not pushing it hard enough if I am achieving all the splits.  Maybe if I aim to go a wee bit faster and miss the odd target that is not a bad thing.
Worth considering maybe?

Spin Class
(50 Mins)
First time back to Spin class for a while and it was great to be back again.  Spin is hard going but I find it pretty enjoyable.
It is amazing how fast you can get your legs to spin round when you put your mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment