Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 July 2011

Getting the Horn! Sunday 10th July 2011.

Sunday 10th July 2011

Cycling
15.5 Miles
- 01:15:10 (12 mph / HR ? Z? / Cadence 78rpm)
Oh my God!  T|he hardest ride of my life - well about 3 miles of it!
Rode from my Caravan in to Dunfanaghy (all in Co Donegal) and round Horn Head. ( the anti-clockwise way for those who know Horn Head) It is the hardest climbing I have ever done.  Roughly 3 miles of relentless climbing on rough Donegal roads with gradients getting up to 15% and averaging about 10%.
At one point I thought I was stuck in the Big Ring and pusing like a dog - only to discover that I had used up all my gears and had nowhere left to go!!
But - I did it all without getting off the bike and enjoyed the downhill - which is only just over a mile, but bloomin' steep.  At one point I nearly locked up the brakes coming down as it is so steep and twisty.

The views are amazing as the photos show - well worth  every coronory inducing pedal stroke!


Swimming
680M Open Water Swim (00:13:12)
A Lovely swim in the Sea at Marble Hill in Donegal.  Water temperature was actually quite good and the sea was calm.  A Lovely swim, and I even had my lovely assistant (Keara) - in her best BayWatch style, paddling beside me on the Kayak just to make sure that I didn't get run over by a speedboat.  Although I was hoping that the bright orange swimming cap made me look like a buoy and that I would be safe - but you can't be too careful.




No comments:

Post a Comment