Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 July 2011

A Weighty question.

Thursday 14th July 2011

Cycling
22.00 Miles
- 01:23:33 (15.8 mph / HR 146bpm Z2 79% Max HR / Cadence 81rpm)

Went for a ride after work when I got home this evening.  Fantastic July evening!!  Temperature about 9.5 degrees, sky as black as coal, a strong cold wind and patchy rain.  God I love the Northern Ireland summer.  And to make things worse, it was a rest day on the Tour de France - so restricted viewing for this evening - how sad is that??

I was very pleased with this ride - Average speed was decent on an undulating route and I was working on keeping the cadence (no. of pedal spins per minute) over 80, and that went well too.

On a completely different note - I weighed myself and I am the lightest I have been in 5 years!! Truly a landmark day!   (No, I'm not telling what the weight is - that's between me and my oversized shorts!!) I seriously think the cross training is working - and it is more enjoyable than just cranking out running miles. Don't get me wrong, I am not fading away and won't be trading in my man size clothing for "Hollister" T-shirts any time soon. Unfortunately!

I was meant to be running the portaferry 10 miler tomorrow night, but I have bailed out as it is a long way away and I can't be bothered travelling down to run in miserable conditions and then get up very early on Wednesday morning for the drive to Dublin for work.  Bit of a wimp, but I will try to get a run in tomorrow evening from home instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment