Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 July 2011

Thursday 7th July 2011

Running
6.2 Miles 01:00:00 (9.40 per mile / HR 155bpm Z2 85% Max)
Easy pace today running for 1Hr.  Felt very comfortable and was aiming to keep in HR Zone 2 at max 85% of HR – Bingo!

Yesterday I saw one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time.  A middle aged lady out for a jog . . . with an umbrella up and covering her from the light mizzle.
You have got to admire the determination to get out, but question the need for it while running – but each to their own I suppose – at least she was out!

Swimming
1500M - 00:34:44 in 18M pool at Gym.
Very comfortable swim and felt good throughout and was focussing on technique.
Happy with the time – probably my best for 1500m in the short pool.
It really is amazing how I now feel very comfortable swimming a mile and only 6 months ago I struggled to swim 5 lengths without stopping.  The moral for swimming improvement seems to be persistence and building up a tolerance to the taste of pool water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment