Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 July 2011

My New Toy. Well worth waiting for!

Monday 25th July 2011
The new toy arrived and got the first outing tonight! Wow, I love it.

Cube Aerium Pro 2011


Brick session this evening.  I couldn't wait to get out on the new Beast!

Cycling
18.00 Miles - 01:00:55 (17.7 mph / HR 141bpm Z2 77% Max / Cadence ?rpm)
First ride on the new bike. It was fantastic but will take a little bit of getting used to on a number of levels.
Gettting down in to an aero position on the Tri bars was interesting for the first time and more than just a bit wobbly, but it got better as I went on and I am sure that a few tweaks on the position will make a big difference as I kept hitting my knees on my elbows.  I know that is not meant to happen.
The gearing is also different from the Bianchi, both the ratios and the actual changing mechanism - going from Campagnolo Xenon to Shimano Ultegra.  The shift is so smooth and short - very pleasing.
Overall I think I am going to love this bike!  I would need to as this is the one to take me through Ironman Frankfurt!! Hopefully.

Running
4.00 Miles - 00:34:13 (8.32 per mile / HR 160bpm Z3 88% Max)
Run straight off the bike for 4 miles - and I aimed to take it at a nice steady pace as this is pretty much what I will need to do on Saturday for the Lough Neagh Triathlon. (My 1st Olympic Distance event - 1.5k swim / 40k cycle / 10k run)
Very pleased with the way the run went as I felt in control and strong the whole way through and kept my slowest mile up the hill home to 8.51.
Hopefully I can run just as well on Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment