Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 July 2011

To clip or not to clip? That is the question.

Tuesday 5 July 2011
Swimming
2000M
- 00:54:14
Not my best swim but I ground it out.  In the 25M pool at the Lisburn Leisureplex.
A pretty frustrating swim on a number of levels:
1) Got to the pool only to have to queue behind a load of grumpy pensioners waiting to get in for their free swim.
2) Realised I had forgotten my towel and had to leave aforementioned queue and drive home to get my towel.
3) Roped off lanes were filled with chatting / breaststroking / grumpy pensioners
4) Bl*$dy nose clip kept coming off
5) Couldn't get a decent rhythm going at all and feel pretty frustrated by the swim today.

The nose clip is really starting to annoy me now as it has started slipping off more and more and it even did it on the Tri swim on Sunday.  So, the question is going to have to be " To clip or not to clip?" I either need to get a new one that works or get used to swimming without one.  Oh, decisions decisions!

Cycling
20.31 Miles
- 01:43:10 (11.8 mph / HR 120bpm Z1 68% Max / Cadence 69rpm)
Easy bike ride with my Brother-in-law to get him used to riding for a bit longer, albeit at a pretty easy pace.  At least it counts as time in the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment