Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 April 2012

17 is the magic number.

Saturday 30th March 2012

Running
02:40:43- 17.00 Miles (09.27 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 81% Max)

I was looking forward to this long run today.  It may sound stupid saying that about a planned 2hr45min run - and maybe only other Marathoners can appreciate a mad statement like that - but - this is the longest run I have done in almost a year and I know my running has being going pretty well so far and I was hopeful of a good steady pace and feeling in control.

Thankfully there were no ill effects from my night out the previous night and I felt good starting out.  I would be mostly running down the tow path in to Belfast to collect my Car which had been left there the night before as I was on the booze.

It was a lovely day for a run and I am so pleased that it went well.  I paced almost every mile about the same - probably with only 15 secs per mile difference in the splits and it felt nice the whole way.  I do think that I could have gone a wee bit quicker at the end if I had wanted too - and I didn't feel too tired when I finished.

Good result and all went to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment