Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 April 2012

"Why does it always rain on me?"

Monday 16th April 2012

Cycling
02:03:54 – 31.09 Miles (15.10 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 80% Max / Cadence 81rpm)

After having a week off training while I swanned around New York, I thought it was time to get back in to the swing of things again, so I headed out on the bike this evening.

Once again the weather was rubbish and I pretty much had 2 hours in the wind and rain racing against the ever reducing light.
The last 10 miles home were really miserable and my clothes were soaked and my waterproof gloves were doing their trick of keeping the water in!!
I did find myself humming the Travis song "Why does it always rain on me?" - it just seemed appropriate.
Over 350M of elevation combined with wind and rain made this a pretty touch training ride, so I am delighted to have averaged over 15 MPH.

Back in the saddle again, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment