Powered By Blogger

Monday 30 April 2012

A tough call but the right one.

Sunday 29th April 2012

Running
02:57:50 - 18.01 Miles
(09.52 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 81% Max)


This run was always going to be a bit of a test, doing a long run on the back of such a long cycle yesterday.
The legs felt reasonably OK but after about 2 or 3 miles I was starting to feel a little bit tired and wondered how I was going to get through it. 
This really felt like a bit of a crunch moment as it would have been easy to just cut the run short and put it down to tiredness from the long bike.
I made the decision that this was not going to happen and I had to work through it all as this was only a fraction of the tiredness i would feel on the big day and i would have much tougher mental challenges than this to come through.
 
 
I "Iron-ed" up and worked through it. After a few more miles I started to feel a bit better and was managing to hold a steady pace - albeit not the fastest pace I have ever done.
 
I was pleased to see the end of this run to be honest but I was very pleased at how I toughed it out.  Plenty more of these still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment