Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 April 2012

TW3 IMFF Week 24

Monday 26th March 2012
Week 24 completed
Hours Trained: 13H 08Mins
Swimming: 4.25K (2.64 Miles)
Cycling: 100.70 Miles
Running: 32.03 Miles

Week 24 has been my biggest week to date with a total of over 135 miles logged.  I am particularly pleased to have broken through the 100 miles on the bike this week - albeit by 0.7 miles - but at least it was a landmark.  I am very pleased with my running and even when I was training just for a stand alone Marathon I would not have done this many miles on a regular basis.  (Probably explains why my Marathon times never really improved!)

I am bit concerned about the impact to my training over the next 2 weeks as I have the Easter Bank Holiday in Donegal and then a 5 day trip to New York.  I really should not be complaining about these great trips - but it just happens that they coincide with me being jittery and nervous about my perceived lack of Bike training and sub 100 days-to-go nerves.

I will work something out and just hope that the firm foundations built through the tough winter will stack up for me and that I will not lose fitness.  God knows I certainly won't be building it much over the next 2 weeks.  I will be lucky just to maintain it.

Here is the week ahead:

No comments:

Post a Comment