Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 17 April 2012

The day the music died.

Tuesday 17th April 2012

Cycling
00:45:00 – 9.20 Miles (12.30 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 80% Max / Cadence 73rpm)

After giving myself a bit of a battering last night on a tough ride, I decided that the best thing to do was to get up at 5.30 and do my hill sets up and down the Pond Park Road on White Mountain.

I am delighted at how it went -  the time of all 3 sets were within 30 seconds of each other which shows a good degree of consistency.  The legs felt OK throughout and the only down side was the biting cold on the descent which was really biting.

Running
00:56:00- 6.00 Miles (09.20 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 85% Max)


I knew that things may not go well on this run as everything I did in preparation seemed to go wrong - I put my shirt on back to front - the Garmin went dead - the ipod went dead and my foot is still a bit sore.

I put the ipod and Garmin on to charge for 10 minutes just to give them a bit of juice to see me through the run.
I was also looking forward to running in one of my new pairs of trainers which I picked up in New York.  The new Asics Nimbus 13.  I haven't used the new K-Swiss Tubes 100 yet but am looking forward to getting them on too.

The run was a bit sluggish as I haven't run in a week and the sore foot slowed me down a bit too - but all in all it was OK - But typically - the Garmin died at 2.5 miles closely followed by the ipod about 1 minute later!! Balls!  I was loving listening to Lissie again.  But the music died.

I hope the foot feels better soon as it is a bit uncomfortable to run on.

No comments:

Post a Comment