Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Knackered, in a New York sort of way.

Wednesday 18th April 2012
 
I was supposed to swim warly this morning but I literally could not get myself out of bed at 5.30 as I think that the New York travel and time difference finally caught up with me.  Boy I felt knackered!!
 
Brick Session

Cycling
01:00:00 – 15.60 Miles (15.60 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 76% Max / Cadence 82rpm)

A decent bike part of the brick session. My legs felt pretty heavy but the pace was steady throughout and I never felt under any sort of pressure or tiredness - just heavy legs.

Running
00:30:00- 3.26 Miles (09.12 per mile / HR Zone 3 / 86% Max)


A slightly longer brick run this evening to try and push things on a bit as I know I will be missing a bit of training this week AGAIN as I will be on rugby tour with Ben (My Son).
The legs felt even heavier getting off the bike but loosened up fairly quickly and it was my first run in the new K Swiss Tubes.  They we re pretty comfortable but the noticeable thing was the slightly odd noise they make when running.  I think this is due to the hollow tubes under the show,  No doubt I will get used to it or it will go away as the tubes loosen out a bit.

I was going to run early tomorrow morning again, but I felt completely knackered this morning and I am going to give it a miss and just do a 3 1/2 Hr bike session tomorrow evening - seeing as the nights are getting a bit brighter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment