Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 November 2013

Flanders ACT - New to me.

Monday 25th November 2013

Cycling (15.81 miles / 01:05:14 / 14.55 MPH / Cadence 75 / HRZ 2)

The Monday commute to and from work.
This was the first outing for my "new to me" Winter Bike.
It went really well and it's pretty comfortable.  I decided to get a winter bike so that I didn't have to worry about my good bike getting damaged in the bike rack at work or the carbon and components taking a battering over the winter.  This one is a Flanders Cyclocross bike so it is pretty robust and should hold out through the winter really well.  It also gives me the option to maybe try out a bit of Cyclocross next year if the mood takes me.
(By the way I have changed the riding position before Sean at VeloCafe Magasin has a fit!)



The commute was uneventful apart from the silly woman who decided to park in the bus lane outside Starbucks thinking this was OK!  I put her right on this through her open window :)

I'm happy enough with the way I felt for both parts of the ride and also I'm pretty pleased with the last couple of miles back up the hill home. 

Swimming (1900M / 01:00:21)
Technique Session

The metres are approximate as the Garmin sometimes does not count laps when using a kickboard.
There was a lot of focus on kicking tonight, including the absolutely hateful vertical kicking, which pretty much involved me trying to avoid drowning while kicking in a standing position in the deep end with my arms crossed on my chest! 
Yep!  it's as much fun as it sounds.  NOT MUCH!

Some more leg work but then the relief of pull drills.  These I like.

I know I'm only about 3 or 4 weeks back in to the pool sessions but I think I feel a bit better already.  That's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment