Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 November 2013

Not a bad start.

Monday 11th November 2013

Cycling (01:00:44 / 20.16 Miles / 19.90 mph / Cadence 89 / HRZ 2)
Turbo Trainer - Sufferfest Angels.

Well I might as well start as I intend to go on.  An early session saw me once again tackle the Sufferfest on the Turbo trainer.

It wasn't any easier than the session doing the same workout with the Club last week.  If anything the lack of being in a group saw my average speed drop a touch - however conversely my heart rate stayed a bit lower too.
Was I not working hard enough, or had I paced it about right?  Who knows?  Not me.

I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to trying one of the other Sufferfest videos next time. I might as well have a bit of variation in my suffering!

Swimming (00:55:52 / 1400M)
Technique Session

Following on from last week Oliver (Coach) put us through our paces a bit more, focussing heavily on streamlining in the water and rotation on breathing.  Using the fins and float to work on keeping high in the water and streamlined certainly felt good - and then the float went away and the fins came off and then my ass and feet started to sink to the bottom of the pool.

Tonight was a really enjoyable session and it is clear that I have a lot of work to do to improve my technique but that's what Monday nights in the winter are for. Oh... and listening to Oliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment