Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 November 2013

I didn't sleep in. Honestly!

Wednesday 13th November 2013

Well that was a bit flipping annoying!
I set my alarm this morning for 5.45AM so that I could get up and do my early morning Hill session on the bike.
I was actually looking forward to it, so you can imagine my amazement when I wake up, look at the clock to see it is 6.30.
How the hell did that happen?  It seems that I also turned the volume down and the alarm did go off but I just couldn't hear it.

Oh well.  I'll try to make it up at some point this week.

Swimming ( 1850M / 00:54:13)

Arran was taking the session tonight and he had it labelled as an endurance session. Given my lack of endurance swimming recently I was dreading this a bit.
As it turned out I didn't really need to worry too much.  It certainly was a tougher session than I have done for a while but pretty enjoyable.  Early focus on kick and swim with fins then 200M sets.

Arran did however turn the screw with a nice flat out 100M time trial to wrap up.
I am not a fast swimmer and secretly hoped that given my lack of swim fitness that I could knock out a 2.00 for the 100M.
I am quite pleased that I managed 1.54.  not a lot faster but still not bad at this stage of the season.  The goal has to be getting that number towards 1.30 later in the season.

Luckily I have no early alarm call in the morning but I will check that the volume is up as I don't want to miss work.  wouldn't that just be awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment