Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 November 2013

Swimming Ugly.

Monday 18th November 2013

Cycling (15.79 Miles / 01:06:00 / 14.60 mph / Cadence77 / HRZ 2)

First day of commuting to work using the bike - round trip totals above.
The weather held up OK thankfully so I didn't get too cold or wet but it was tight enough in the traffic coming home this evening.  Some drivers really are complete plonkers!

Swimming ( 1250M / 00:59:25)
Technique Session

This week we did quite a bit less on the distance side of things and focused a lot on being streamlined in the water and rotating side to side to reduce drag and keep form.
Oliver's mantra was to "Slice" through the water.  I get the concept OK and was trying hard to get it - as usual I was better on the right side then the left but I noticed some improvement as we went through the session.  As I said to Oliver, it was ugly but better!

Sadly I think in my case too much slicing through cake over the last few years has probably diminished my ability to slice through the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment