Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 November 2013

Pity da Fool who rides with The A-Team!

Sunday 3rd November 2013

Cycling (29.64 miles / 01:52:49 / 15.80mph / Cadence 73 / HRZ2 ) Elevation 323M

Originally I had planned to do a duathlon today but I decided a couple of days ago not to bother as I just plain couldn't be arsed driving up to Ballymoney. So instead I hit the road with Aaron and Arran - henceforth to be known as "The A Team." - mostly because it's easier to write but also because I definitely felt like some kind of 'Crazy Foo' compared to them.

Meeting up at the bottom of my street was a bit of bonus for me as  it meant a wee bit longer in bed as the Vino from last night had an extra opportunity to get out of my system.

The A-Team had promised me that this would a Zone 2 ride, which should translate as an easy enough pace.  What I hadn't reckoned on was the stiff breeze that seemed to follow me most of the way round the loop ride.

Over recent weeks I have been concentrating on my running which seemed sensible enough as the Marathon was my main goal.  The side effect of this is a total absence of bike fitness which was cruelly shown up by Face and Howlin' Mad Murdoch every time we approached anything even resembling an upward gradient. 

On the whole I found it tough enough going which was made worse by the knowledge that the A-Team could have kicked my ass on bikes hastily knocked together by B.A. with Duct tape.
I am still pleased enough though that in a state of poor fitness and windy conditions I managed to still hold an average pace at near 16mph.

Lots of work to do still but I love it when a plan comes together.



No comments:

Post a Comment