Powered By Blogger

Saturday 30 November 2013

Running faster and easier.

Saturday 30th November 2013

Running (6.82 Miles / 01:00:00 / 00:08:47 per mile / HRZ 2)

Well I wasn't expecting that!
As I've mentioned before I am pretty pleased with my running at the moment as I seem to be doing a decent enough pace for me in a relatively Heart Rate Zone and today was even better.

Todays' route was a bit lumpier than my run on Thursday and that makes me even more pleased with the average pace and heart rate.

While I was running I was trying to think why was it that I am finding it easier to up the pace and keep the effort relatively low.


It's potentially down to a few factors; the shorter strides and faster turnover of the feet is one possibility.  The residual fitness from my Dublin Marathon training, getting back in to some cross training and increased cycling and swimming or perhaps that I am now my lightest weight in probably 15 years is helping.

Whatever it is I am thankful for it and hope that it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment