Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Swimming with Fish and Riding with Angels.

Monday 4th November 2013

Swim (1350M / 01:00:00) Club - Technique session

Back in to the pool with the Club to get a decent winter of technique and general improvement in my swimming.
It's been a long time since I swam with the Tri Club, mostly due to a bot of apathy and some injuries.

Given the task of Ironman ahead of me, I thought I better get back in the pool again in some sort of structured manner and I plan to make both training sessions each week when the real training starts.

This one went well, although my lack of technique was pretty well exposed but I feel like I made awe bit of progress and held my own. I also remembered how much like Fish some of my fellow club mates are, just to make you feel completely inadequate.

I had forgotten though how much I hate breathing to the left side, or drowning to the left as I once called it!

What doesn't (almost) kill me only makes me stronger.


Tuesday 5th November 2013

Cycle (01:02:19 / 22.66 Miles / 21.80 mph / Cadence 87 / HRZ2) Club Turbo Session
Sufferfest - Angels

The Turbo session is a new activity for the Club this season and it replaces the old Spin class.
It wasn't a bad turnout with 7 of us turning up, although I am sure it will get more popular.

Arran had lined up one of the Sufferfest videos for us to work to.  This one was called "Angels" and featured a decent amount of simulated climbing.

Here is a link to a quick glimpse of Sufferfest for those that don't know.




It was a tough session but really enjoyable and will make the sessions on the turbo a lot more interesting than they ordinarily can be.

I can't wait to try some more of these videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment