Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Two knock-downs at Fight Club. (you know who you are!)

Tuesday 12th November 2013

Running (4.39 Miles / 00:34:21 / 00:07:49 per mile / HRZ 4)

This was the first of my tempo runs which I hope to do at lunchtime every Tuesday when possible.
I was lucky enough to run with Brendan from work and as he is a good bit quicker than me I thought this would be good for a Tempo run - aiming for 8 mins per mile for around 30 minutes.
lucky for me Brendan cranked out a tempo run yesterday and was treating today as a bit of an easier run.

Setting out I knew the pace was a bit hot and to be honest I found it hard to pace for the whole run.
I am comfortable holding anything around 8.30-10.00 per mile and being pretty consistent mile to mile, however as this pace is not my normal pace I find it harder to judge.

The positive slant on this was that my deviation from pace tended to be faster rather than slower.

Anyway I'm happy enough with the run and felt OK after it too, although after showering it took me about half an hour to cool down once I was back at my desk.

Cycling (00:56:18 / 18.06 Miles / 19.20 mph / Cadence 90 / HRZ 2)
Turbo Trainer - Sufferfest Fight Club.


Back to the Turbo again but this time with the Club.  once again about 7 of us turned up to endure Fight Club courtesy of The Sufferfest.
Sadly for poor Arran he suffered a puncture after only about fifteen minutes.  I didn't think you could get a puncture on the Turbo but obviously it can be done.

The session itself was tough with lots of short sharp bursts which really sting the legs.  It's funny how it felt different to the Angels session yesterday.

Not content with a first in the form of a Turbo puncture, the Boys decided that tonight would be a good time for me to catch another first.
Two falls off the Turbo!
That's right Two!  Not content with watching Chris fall off the Turbo and slam to the floor, Ian decided he would have ago at chucking himself to the ground when getting off the bike.

Maybe they were inspired by the title "Fight Club" or just knackered, I don't know but the end result was pretty funny anyway.

I'm sure they are hoping that in the spirit of Fight Club, the first rule is never talk about Fight Club (or falling off the bike!) that I would not mention it.  Sorry Lads I couldn't not give you a slagging about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment