Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Chrissie Wellington and me.

Tuesday 1st May 2012
 
My new book arrived from Amazon today and I can't wait to read it, it should be really inspirational and Chrissie is one of my favourite athletes- in fact one of the greatest ever to have competed in any sport and sadly under recognised for all of her achievements both in and out of sport.
 
 
 
Cycling
00:45:09 – 8.95 Miles (11.90 MPH / HR Zone 3 / 86% Max / Cadence 76rpm)

The usual Tuesday morning jaunt up the hill.  Only 3 times up and down today as the wind was hell and of course it had to be in to me going up.  As if it is not hard enough anyway.  Then on the way down I had to take it easy as the wind was pretty dodgy when travelling at speed.

Running
01:00:00 - 7.21 Miles (08.19 per mile / HR Zone 3 / 90% Max)


Enough of the going slow and maintaining Heart Rate - Sod that - let's have a bit of a push and see what happens.  Giving it a bit of Chrissie!

Over 7 miles in the hour is what happens!  Now, that might not sound all that impressive but it is a lot faster over a sustained distance than I have run in about 7 months.  It felt OK surprisingly and I honestly felt like I could have held the pace for another mile or two.  Pretty pleasing and especially so as the uphill miles were actually faster than the downs and flats.  How did that happen?

This was not really part of the training plan but what the hell - let's live dangerously. (although it is hardly being a real rebel is it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment