Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 May 2012

TW3 IMFF Week 28

Monday 7th April 2012

Week 28 completed
Hours Trained: 16H 20Mins
Swimming: 3.8K (2.4 Miles)
Cycling: 141 Miles
Running: 33 Miles

Another pretty big week in terms of volume and time spent training. Nearly 9.5Hrs of cycling.  I only missed one session this week which was a 2.5K swim because of my stiff neck and shoulders - so all in all a pretty solid showing.

I am feeling pretty good on the bike these days and fairly comfortable holding a steady (but not fast) pace.

The week coming will feel a bit strange as the volume of sessions remain similar, but the time decreases as this is a bit of a taper week ahead of my Half Iron distance race on Saturday at Tri an Mhi.

I would love to achieve my A-time of 6H 30 Mins - broken down by:
 Swim 40 Mins / Transition 5 Mins / Bike 3Hr30Mins / Transition 5 Mins / Run 2Hr10 Mins. 
The reality of this may be somewhat different and to be truthful a time close to 7Hrs may be more realistic - but it is important to have a goal time in mind.

Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment