Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 May 2012

Don't forget to eat.

Saturday 5th May 2012
Running
02:52:09- 17.00 Miles (10.08 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 78% Max)

Long run day again! Decent weather and not too much wind today.  I decided to take it easy on the run today and keep the heart rate really low and subsequently the pace as well.
It all felt very comfortable and under control the whole way and I tried a couple of stints at a walk-run approach, which is what I will be doing on the Ironman.
After about 10 miles I did a few sessions of running 2 minutes at 10 min mile pace and then walking 1 minute at 17 minute pace. This felt a bit weird but it definitely helped to keep me fresh.

I am constantly forgetting to eat enough on the run and will have to sort this out as it could be a real disaster if I get that wrong on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment