Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 May 2012

A hot long one under my belt.

Saturday 26th May 2012

Running 02:57:15 - 18.00 Miles (09.50 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 78% Max)

My preparation for this run could not be described as ideal by any stretch of the imagination.  A heavy night round at our friends house having a BBQ and lots of beer and very nice wine and getting in to bed at about 1.00AM.


When I woke up I was feeling a little jaded - not totally hungover but definitely not on tip-top form.
I had to get some Breakfast in and then head out.

I planned to do 3 loops for the run today instead of a long out and back, so that I could run back past home and top up my drinks as it was already well over 20C at 10.00AM.
This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and it was great to know that I would be able to get a nice cool drink in a few miles again.

The weather was amazing and I am delighted that the heat did not really get to me too much.  This is important as Frankfurt can be very hot in July and I am pleased to be able to train in this heat and see how I fare.  So far so good.

The run was pretty uneventful and it was good to get another long one under the belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment