Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 May 2012

You know you are slow when . . . . .

Wednesday 9th May 2012

Swimming

01:06:12 - 2500M


Last swim before the event on Saturday.  Went well, if a bit slow but I was not out to kill myself this morning.

Cycling
00:43:06 – 11.48 Miles (16.00 MPH / HR Zone 3 / 82% Max / Cadence 85rpm)

This was meant to be a little Brick session but it just turned in to a short bike ride.  Happy enough with how it went and in particular the relatively high cadence.
It struck me that you know you are slow on the bike when I am steaming away in the aero position and a guy with a backpack and wearing track bottoms rides past me with a "How's it going mate?"  Clearly not as well as you MATE!!
How to make a guy feel crap or what?  Maybe he was a semi-pro just on his way home from work to train for the Olympics.  I hope so but it is unlikely.  I am just slow!

When I did get up home I spent so long talking to my neighbour the time window and interest in doing my Brick session had passed.

BUT - that wasn't the end of it - I took Ben down to the swimming pool as he wanted to practice his swim because he has a Kids Triathlon next Friday and he has to Swim 75M / Bike 1000M / Run 400M. He was concerned about his swim but he did well tonight and covered the swim  distance - somewhat of a struggle but he was very determined.  Good on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment