Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Stuck chain and a long walk home.

Tuesday 22nd May 2012

Cycling
00:36:46 – 7.23 Miles (11.70 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 77% Max / Cadence 78rpm)

Hill session again.  All was going well on such a glorious morning - and at the top of my 3rd repeat, about 200M from the top of the hill - DISASTER!
I was changing down gear and the chain slipped off the rear sprocket and lodged between the sprocket and the spokes.  This completely locked the wheel up and I nearly fell off.
I managed to get unclipped and not fall over.
The bad news was that the chain would not come out at all and I had to walk about 1.5 miles back home carrying my bike - in cycling shoes, which are not easy to walk in.
I was extremely annoyed - and all of this before 7am this morning.  It is fair to say that I was in slightly bad form when I got back in to the house.

Luckily the bike shop got the problem sorted today and adjusted my gearing and removed the chain blockage.
I hope this doesn't happen again.

Running 01:00:00 - 6.69 Miles (08.58 per mile / HR Zone 3 / 88% Max)

A lovely run on a nice warm evening.  I am very happy with that apart from the HR monitor going bonkers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment