Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 December 2013

A lesson in Group Cycling and the Week 3 IM training round-up.

Sunday 1st December 2013

Cycling (02:26:25 / 40.32 Miles / 16.50 MPH / Cadence 84 / HRZ 2)

The ride today was really enjoyable and it was great to get out on a group ride with the guys from the Club.
I even managed to learn something today.  I'm not all that proficient at riding in a group and not absolutely with the etiquette or the technique to move up through the group and take turns at the front.

After a wee bit of instruction from Arran who could see that I clearly had no clue, I managed to get it right.  In fact I think I did a few good turns on the front and was happy to do so as it made me push on a bit.

It was a lovely route and I was pretty chuffed with my riding.  A good end to the week.


Week 3 Summary
9Hrs 03 Mins
Swim: 3900M
Bike: 83.44 Miles
Run: 13.49 Miles

This week was another little step up in the progression in terms of mileage and time in training.
It's been good and the additional time has felt OK and it feels relatively comfortable so I am looking forward to it stepping up a bit over the next few weeks.
I still haven't managed to nail all of the workouts planned in a week so far and this week I missed out on a Tempo Run because of my sore toe, which in hindsight was a good thing as I recovered quickly and was able to nail all the other main sessions.
I still haven't managed to get my core sessions in yet and this has been a combination of circumstances and probably more honestly, a lack of enthusiasm to do them.  I'll try to get at least one of them in this week. (Fingers crossed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment