Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Breaststroke Tsunami.


Tuesday 10th January 2012

Swimming
3000M - 01:21:29 in 18M
pool at Gym
Warm up 300M (WU 300)
8 X 50 M Drills (Kick only / Swim fist / Doggy Paddle / Arms only)
4X125M with 20 secs rest between intervals
4X175M with 40 secs rest

4
X125M with 20 secs rest between intervals
8 X 50M Drills (Arms only / Swim fist / Doggy Paddle / Arms only)
200M Cool Down
Total 3000M

I was half dreading this swim today given that I had only one swim last week and that I had done virtually no training last week.  I was worried that my fitness would show me up and there is no hiding place on a 3K swim for me.


Happily things went pretty well and I felt decent at least until half way when I started to feel a little bit queasy.  I think this is down to trying to figure out the nutrition properly for a long early morning swim.  Not sure if the porridge is working or not. 

It could also have been down to the Tsunami like swell being created in the pool by the Guy swimming beside me doing breaststroke.  I have never seen anyone create so much of a wave in the pool – it was like being on a proper triathlon swim with swell and spray.
Thankfully he got out after about 20 minutes and the calm was restored.
Coincidentally I started to feel a good bit better too and it was really just a bit of fatigue setting on towards the end which slowed me down a bit – but that was to be expected.

 Overall it went better than expected and it is nice to be back on the right path again.

Running
01:00:00 -  6.34 Miles
(09.28 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 85% Max)
First Run back on the sore foot, although it is not really sore at the moment.  i was with Colin the Physio and he inflicted a little bit of pain but nothing too bad.  It appears to be a couple of joints on the upper outside of the foot rubbing together and causing pain and inflammation.  Nice to know but not a desperate amount can be done to prevent it given I have feet as flat as a pancake.
Anyway,I was feeling good so went out for a run and took it pretty easy and did 1Hr.  Perhaps a bit longer than I should have but it felt good so I carried on.  I hope I don't pay for that enthusiasm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment