Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 January 2012

My Left Foot

Tuesday 24th January 2012
Swimming
2800M - 00:59:30 in 18M
pool at Gym
2800M straight through

The pool was like a mad house this afternoon with 6 people sharing the limited width of an 18M pool.  Not good.  Thankfully there were no collisions and most people were OK swimmers  Needless to say I was the last one left in.  No one else seems to be doing sessions as long as mine.  I wonder why??

Running
01:00:00 - 6.63 Miles
(09.03 per mile / HR Zone 3 / 86% Max)
Heavy legs in diving boots.  That's what it felt like this evening.  It could have been the swim this afternoon or it could have been taking Ben to the pool for a few lengths as he has a Kids School Duathlon tomorrow and he needed a bit of confidence that he could handle the swim - so I took him to Olympia Pool for a wee bit of a swim.  He did OK but is definitely more of a runner than a swimmer.  Saying that, he is probably better than I was this time last year
My Heart rate monitor was going haywire for the first mile or two this evening so my HR levels seemed elevated compared to the effort I was putting in.
Despite the heavy legs, my time and pace was actually pretty good.
 
I can feel a very slight niggle in my left foot again in the same place that it flared up last time - so hopefully it will not amount to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment