Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 January 2012

Toasty Toes.

Sunday 14th January 2012

Cycling
03:07:50 - 45.62
(14.60 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 73% Max / Cadence 78)

My longest ride for quite a while and it was really nice.  Weather stayed dry!  Yee Hah! It was such a pleasure to have the first dry cycle for quite some team.  It was still a bit windy and not the warmest but still a lot better than what I have been through recently.  My new Overshoes were really good and my feet stayed pretty warm, which is a first on a cool day. Loving my Toasty toes.



I loved the route today - through Belfast to Comber and then on to Ballygowan, Saintfiled to Hillsborough and then the Maze to Magheragall and back home.  A fairly undulating route with over 400 metres of climbing.
Average speed was a bit below what I was hoping for but that was only to be expected with the amount of traffic lights and junctions I had to stop at in the first 10 miles.

Overall I am really pleased with the ride and it topped out my biggest week of training to date.  After the injury interrupted week last week, I managed to get over 11 hours of training this week.  Nice one.

No comments:

Post a Comment