Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 January 2012

TW3 IMFF Week 13

TWTWTW IMFF Week 13

Monday 16th January 2012

Week 12 completed

Hours Trained: 11H 06Mins
Swimming: 5.5K (3.4 Miles)
Cycling: 77.92 Miles
Running: 24.59 Miles

Week 13 was a total contrast that was the frustration and disappointment of Week 12.  I got every planned session done and was pleased with the overall quality of each one.


It was also a step up as well, in so much as I went over 11 hours in training and more than 100 miles combined between the 3 disciplines.  I know that this is still a drop in the ocean compared to what is to come and indeed what has to be done on the actual day but it is now starting to feel like I really am in proper Ironman training mode with bigger hours and mileage.

I felt a bit tired at the end of the week but not too bad and the motivation levels are high, which is probably most important.

Next week is broadly similar to this week, except that the Brick session run goes up to 30 mins from 15 mins.  This should be a bit more of a test and I think I will aim to take it a bit slower than previous Brick runs.

This is how the week ahead looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment