Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 January 2012

TW3 IMFF Week 12

TWTWTW IMFF Week 12
 
 
Monday 9th January 2012

That Was The Week That Was (Or rather the week that WASN'T!)

Week 12 completed

Hours Trained: 2H 52Mins
Swimming: 2.5K (1.5 Miles)
Cycling: 15.10 Miles
Running: 8.29 Miles

Week 12 was a dreadful week.  To say I am disappointed and annoyed is a massive understatement.

I started to get a sore foot on Tuesday and on Wednesday it was clear that it was getting a bit worse.
It is a severe pain on the top outside of my left foot and it was so bad on Thursday that I was hobbling badly and not able to train at all.  On Friday it got even worse and it was hard to get a shoe on.

Eventually it eased off on Sunday and I was walking pretty normally again but the result of the injury is that I missed 5 sessions this week totalling about 7 hours.  This meant I missed my long run and long bike ride at the weekend.  This is bad as these are the foundation of Ironman training.

The good news is that it feels better and I will hopefully be back to normal training this week.
I am also going back to the Physio (http://www.iaingettyphysio.com/) on Tuesday to see if they can work their magic for me.  Colin has got me moving in the past when I didn't think it would work - so no pressure Colin!

This is the week ahead.  All being well.

No comments:

Post a Comment