Powered By Blogger

Sunday 22 January 2012

I like the wind at my back - not so much at the front.

Sunday 14th January 2012

Cycling
03:00:00 - 43.15
(14.40 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 76% Max / Cadence 80)

I hooked up with my friend and fellow Triathlete Donald for a spin around the bike course of the Groomsport Half Ireman.

It was a really enjoyable ride, however it was incredibly windy.  I didn't notice it being too bad for the first 10 miles or so on the first loop but then as we headed in to the wind it was really hard work back to Groomsport. 
I decided then to be clever and do my second loop in reverse to take advantage of the wind.  This was a perfect plan for the first 7 miles or so.  I was sweeping along very nicely with the wind at my tail, but then as I turned inland the wind become a strong crosswind and then a really strong headwind.  It is fair to say that the last 10 miles of the loop was incredibly tough and possibly the strongest wind I have had to ride in.

That would explain the slightly lower pace today, bit it certainly felt like  a workout and  I am pleased with the way I got through the second loop.  Am I becoming Hardcore?  Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment