Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 January 2012

I've entered a 5K.. . . . . (Swim that is!!)

Wednesday 4th January 2012

Brick Session


Cycling
00:45:00 -  15.1 Miles
(20.3 MPH / HR Zone 1 / 70% Max / Cadence 88) Turbo Trainer
A bit slower on the pace tonight as I upped the resistance on the trainer and worked a harder gear - so a bit slower but probably a higher power output.
Running
00:15:00 - 1.81 Miles
(08.18 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 83% Max)
This was another run where it was hard to go out the door as it is a windy, wet and miserable night - AGAIN.  I must be getting hard core because at no point did I think of not going out - it has to be done - so it is!
I was really pleased with the pace tonight and this is the fastest I have gone on a brick run and that is encouraging.

It is interesting how the average pace is much higher on a run after a bike session compared to a stand alone run.  it must be that the Bike session gets the heart Rate going and allows the run to pick up where it left off.

Last Year I did a Swimathon event in April.  The entries are out again for this year and I decided to enter again - except instead of the 1500M (60 lengths) that I did last year, I have entered the 5000M (200 lengths) this year. I am not sure if I can do it but I think that the swimming training will give me a nice build up to it, even though the longest swim in training will be 3500M - so just an extra 60 lengths to make it up to the 5K!

No comments:

Post a Comment