Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 December 2013

Born Again hard.

Thursday 5th December 2013

Cycling (01:00:14 / 19.30 Miles / 19.20MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 88)
Turbo Trainer - Sufferfest Angels

The horrendous weather put paid to any thoughts of doing my early hills on the bike this morning - it would have been too dangerous.  The wind and rain would have tested my very ordinary bike handling skills on the descent down the Pond Park Road.

I opted then for a Sufferfest Video and sure why not choose one with a simulated climb up Alpe d'Huez.
The session went really well and although probably not as tough as the hill session I had planned, it was a good substitute.

Running (00:51:32 / 6.00 Miles / 00:08:35 per mile / HRZ 2)

In the words of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal jacket, I am "Born again hard!"


No doubt about it, I am sure most people would have looked at the weather this evening and called it quits on a run.  Not me though!  I went out and braved the elements.  After all, I am an Ironman!
Once again the tippy tappy steps and fast turnover was the focus, and once again it worked.

A low level Zone 2 Heart Rate but still cracking out a pace just over 8.30 per mile.  I am bloody delighted with that.  Would the real Jellyman please stand up?  because it just doesn't feel like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment